Prospect House Day Nurseries feel that developing a child’s Personal, Social and Emotional skills are paramount to their wellbeing. We encourage independence and self reliance, and hope to give every child the confidence to show their feelings and make their own choices.
Our aim is to ensure every child matters and their views and interests are respected.
We achieve this by:
- Observing every child’s interests and building that into our planning.
- Allowing children to lead and make their own decisions.
- Allowing children join in activities that interest them.
- Allowing children to serve themselves at meal times offering support and guidance as required.
- Celebrating the children’s achievements.
- Listening to what the children have to say and respect their views.
- Making the spaces that they play in exciting and adventurous.
- Allowing children to take risks and explore.